Going back to uni

Questions asked at university enterance interviews

Going back to uni

Postby Greeny » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:08 pm

Just lost my job working for a bank.

What's the protocol with going back to university. I have already done one undergraduate course so does that mean I have to do a post graduate course or can I go and do another undergraduate course.

How much will it cost me? Can I get any help with costs?
Good times...
Greeny

Re: Going back to uni

Postby Seb » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:19 pm

I think you'll have to pay to do an undergraduate courses.

Isn't it also a bit late to start uni this year? As surely all the courses for the year have started.

I guess you could get onto one of the short courses that some of the universities offer, or maybe go to your local higher education college.
Seb

Postby Hannah » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:59 pm

Yeah - there's loads of short course you can take part time or evenings at colleges (or even Uni's) where you can put your toe in the water and get an idea of what you'd like to do. Definitely postgrad is the way forward, unless you want to do something utterly different to your original degree.
Hannah

Postby Greeny » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:48 pm

I'm not sure what I want to do at the moment, I keep on changing my mind so I think I'm going to do a few evening courses and maybe even be bold and go and do some short internships.

Can anyone recommend any new careers? What do people do?
Good times...
Greeny

Postby Greeny » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:48 pm

Have signed up for an a few evening courses. Going to one in the next few days so will try and remember to let you know how it goes.
Good times...
Greeny

Postby Hannah » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:09 pm

I'm thinking about doing a short course in something.

I've just successfully finished my English course which I did well in. I think working in a shop with lots of people and chatting on internet has helped me to improve my English ten folds. Some people have even started to say that I am now sounding more English which makes me laugh.
Hannah

Postby Hans Hanson » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:06 pm

Bar works is great for improving your English. You generally get to chat more than if you're stuck behind a checkout in a shop making things go "bleep." You just need a find a nice friendly landlady / landlord to take you under their wing.
Hans Hanson

Postby Seb » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:54 pm

I would definitely come and visit any pub where you were working hannah. I think you would be great working behind a bar, especially if they put you in a nice uniform. Sorry I'm a dirty old man.

But I would certainly say that the best way to improve your english is to get the most contact you can with people fluent in the language you want to learn.
Seb

Return to University interviews