Lucky

Questions asked at university enterance interviews

Lucky

Postby Randolf » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:48 pm

I was lucky and never had to do a university entrance interview - is it a lot more common these days?

Back in my day people would only really take interviews for uni if they were going to be taking medicine, law, science, engineering or going to Oxford and Cambridge.

I did politics - slacker ;)
Randolf

Re: Lucky

Postby Hannah » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:55 pm

At my university in Poland I had to stay overnight at the college for two days of interview. I think maybe that British universities have more people going to them so they don't have the time to interview over such a long period.

I was thinking maybe of one day doing a course at a British university and this gives me hope that I won't have to go through stressful interview to get in.

Xxx
Hannah

Postby Smellbum » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:15 pm

I didn't have a university interview but then again I didn't go to the best uni in the world.

I think it depends upon how oversubscribed the course is. I guess with A-level grades rising so fast that uni's have to interview to tell people apart.

I think I would have found it hard to cope with an interview that could potentially have changed my life at that age, but it could have been a useful lesson I guess.
Smellbum

Postby fleabag » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:23 pm

Uni interview sounds like a terrible idea. i don't think my uni would have let me in if they had met me in person first. :cry:
fleabag

Postby LondonStu » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:56 pm

Haha fleebag - I guess if you do have flees then not many people would want to meet you in person. Only joking mate!

But honestly I don't think that many universities interview do they? I think it probably still only applies to the top unis or those courses that have far too many people applying for them. Sounds like a major headache to me!
LondonStu

Postby fleabag » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:00 pm

You spelt "flees" wrong, numbnuts! :D
fleabag

Return to University interviews