Over dressing

Making the right impression with the right outfit

Over dressing

Postby Wingman » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:40 pm

I remember going for a job working on the tills at Sainsbury. I was 16 and my mum made me wear one of my dad's suits. It was far too big for me and when I got there all the othe candidates were in jeans and trainers. I felt a complete fool. Nevertheless it certainly didn't hinder my interview and I managed to get a job there and start straight on the second rung of the pay scale.

Don't know if the dodgy suit and over dressing helped me get that job but it certainly didn't hinder me...
Wingman

Re: Over dressing

Postby Battleline » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:49 pm

I have a tendancy to under-dress because smart clothing makes me feel uncomfortable and a bit of a geek...it has definitely played against me in the past but I think things have become a little more relaxed in recent years. Might all change though as the economy gets worse. I hear that women wear more lipstick and men more ties as things get worse.
Battleline

Re: Over dressing

Postby frank sidebottom » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:53 pm

This may well be true.... my girlfriend is doing her her and spending longer on her make-up in the mornings of late.... unless she's up to some monkey business! :evil:
frank sidebottom

Return to What to wear at interview