New interview questions - nursing

Discuss interviews you've had, ask questions and get tips.

New interview questions - nursing

Postby simonwallace » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:52 pm

http://www.whatwilltheyask.co.uk/Version%202/Public%20sector/publicsector1.htm

Deputy sister- National Health Service

The interview included clinical governance issues such as dealing with how I would deal with complaints.

They also asked about coping with difficult incidents with patience, violence and suspected criminal activity.

Infection controls were quite high up on the agenda as this is a highly political and important issue at the moment.

They then went on to look at my particular skills such as leadership ability and working in a clinical team. They asked about what I expected in the position as a manager and how I would change things if they did not meet my standards.

How could I deal with staff morale issues, motivate and encourage staff, particularly in stressful situations or when they had problems out of work hours.

Finally they wanted to know whether I had knowledge of the NHS and what local and central government initiatives had been recently introduced and whether I could talk about any specific targets that affect may affect the job and how I would best deal with these.
=======================================================
Simon Wallace
what will they ask?
simon@whatwilltheyask.co.uk

All you need to know to succeed at job interviews - whatwilltheyask.com
=======================================================
simonwallace
Site Admin

Re: New interview questions - nursing

Postby JohnV » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:46 pm

That sounds like a hard interview. Glad I'm not trying to be a nurse...
JohnV

Postby Randolf » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:11 pm

My wife took an interview for a similar sort of position. I think the questions were well known by people in her department so she got lots of tips beforehand. They are generally quite hard interviews though because people's lives are on the live.
Randolf

Postby JohnV » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:04 pm

Then again I've been a mechanic and people's cars are on the line and some people seem to care more about their cars than some people do about their lives...
JohnV

Return to Job interview tips