Night before job interview

Discuss interviews you've had, ask questions and get tips.

Night before job interview

Postby Theo » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:06 pm

I'm always a bit worried the night before a big job interview. Recently I had a Sainsbury graduate job interview but couldn't get to sleep so ended up going over and over their web site.

It was quite a useful way to spend my time but I was absolutely knackered by the time the interview came about. I didn't get the graduate job at Sainsbury as I think I lacked enthusiasm in the interview due to being drained of energy.

Does anyone else suffer badly with pre job interview nerves. Any ideas how to cure them? Maybe a sleeping pill...
Theo

Re: Night before job interview

Postby Randolf » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:33 am

Those Kalms herbal tablets are better than sleeping pills. Won't wipe you out and you're not risking feeling groggy in the morning. Hot bath & hot chocolate helps as well! And try and get any last minute interview prep finished a good cople of hours before you're planning on going to bed. If you're still reading webpages at midnight then your brain is going to be too wired to sleep. Good luck with the next one!
Randolf

Postby Theo » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:36 pm

I've never tried those pills Kalms, I'm a bit sceptical about them as they seem to promise a lot and are made out of random herbs...but then again everything comes from something so maybe I should give them a go.

I think next interview I will definitely enjoy a nice cup of hot chocolate and try and wind down a little bit earlier.

Thanks for the advice...
Theo

Postby Greeny » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:11 pm

I'm told that having a "nice time" with your loved one helps you relax for an interview and actually clears you head for the interview.
Good times...
Greeny

Postby Theo » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:13 pm

I'll ask the girlfriend and see if she will help me with my career... :P

I guess if I don't get the job then my time hasn't been completely wasted!
Theo

Postby Greeny » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:00 am

Now that's the sort of positive mental attitude I like to see in a young man.

Nice times all round and interview success to one and all...
Good times...
Greeny

Return to Job interview tips