Jobs for Polish

Discuss interviews you've had, ask questions and get tips.

Jobs for Polish

Postby Hannah » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:40 pm

I have just moved from Poland to London. What should I expect from a British interview. My English is good but I think I will find an interview hard.

I have an interview in a shop soon.
Hannah

Re: Jobs for Polish

Postby walbo18 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:52 pm

If you're in London Gumtree has a reasonable list of jobs for Polish people - http://www.gumtree.com/jobs/polish

Hope this helps.
walbo18

Postby Seb » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:40 am

Good luck with the interviews. If you are looking for something local then I would suggest the local newspaper. Another place that is good is the employer direct service / the job centre. Employer direct has a web site that lists lots of jobs which could be useful in getting a range of jobs throughout the UK.
Seb

Postby Battleline » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:22 pm

Did anyone see that programme on BBC this week called "The Polish are coming". It was a very interesting insight into people coming from Poland into the UK - in this case Peterborough. I found it very balanced.

What disturbed me most were the kids outside the jobcentre that wouldn't work for £7 an hour. I thought that was very good money for picking fruit and veg. Frankly I think its easier for some people to blame immigrants / the government / the rich / school etc etc, when actually they're just lazy. Made me laugh when they zoomed out on one of the lads who wouldn't work for £7 an hour as he cracked open a can of Stella...made me proud to be British!

:cry:
Battleline

Postby Smellbum » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:17 pm

I hear that lots of Polish people are going home because the economy in the UK is getting worse and the pound is getting weaker. Also things in Poland are getting better - such as more jobs and higher wages,

I will miss all the Poles when they're gone. Many sexy ladies :D
Smellbum

Postby Seb » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:38 pm

Any news Hannah about how you got on looking for a job. Things certainly have got worse since you first posted.

Are you still in the country or have you given up and returned to Poland where the economy seems on the up at the moment?
Seb

Postby Hannah » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:20 pm

All is going good thank you Seb.

I am now working in a shop near Oxford Streeet for the past month. It is going very well and I think the interview was excellent. I got a lot of help from the internet and talking to friends which gave me a lot of confidence that I could do a job interview well.

Things are bad at the moment for the economy but my shop is still doing okay so I think I will stay in London for now. It is a great city. One day I will go back to Poland though as I miss my family and the food :P
Hannah

Postby Battleline » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:50 pm

Well done Hannah, glad to hear that you found some work. This country needs some hard working folk like you.
Battleline

Postby Hannah » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:33 pm

Thanks Battleline...odd name but I like it! ;)
Hannah

Postby walbo18 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:46 pm

Out of interest, where did you find the job in the end?

Did you go through Gumtree, or did you use another internet source, local paper or something completely different?
walbo18

Next

Return to Job interview tips