Best time for an interview

Discuss interviews you've had, ask questions and get tips.

Best time for an interview

Postby fleabag » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:43 pm

I've been given a date for an interview but can chose to have it at 8.30 am or 6pm. Neither sounds great as I'll either be blearly eyed or really wired from spending a whole day stressing. Any suggestions?
fleabag

Re: Best time for an interview

Postby JohnV » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:53 pm

I'd say that 8:30 in the morning is a bad time to have an interview as you'll be tired and if you are already working it will make you late for getting into work. At least in the evening you'll have woken up and your brain will be active from dealing with people or being in the office all day. You'll also avoid having to lie to your boss as you can slip out of work and off to the interview...I guess this only applies if the interview is close to your current place of work.
JohnV

Postby bill » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:54 pm

Definitely agree . The chances are that the person / people interviewing you won't be that alert at 8.30am either. Go for the evening by which point they should have woken up too!
bill

Postby fleabag » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:59 pm

Thanks guys. I went for the 6.30am one and it went okay! Watch this space!!!!
fleabag

Postby Michael06 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:14 pm

Nice post,

Applying for a job interview can at time be a nerve-racking experience for some. For others who know the tricks of the trade, it is like any other day at the office. However, a job interview needs a lot of preparation especially because sometimes the interviewer gets better of the interviewee. Job interview questions can also be unnerving especially for someone who is appearing for an interview for the first time.
Michael06

Postby ngohrvinet » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:09 am

I agree with Michel

It is great time.

Tks for nice answers
sample-interview-questions and job-descriptions
http://www.humanresources.hrvinet.com/
ngohrvinet

Return to Job interview tips