Media events and industry seminars

How to create a network to help your career. Introduce yourself here to build your network online

Media events and industry seminars

Postby fleabag » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:34 pm

Where can i find out about these events? I've recently moved to London and i'm not sure where to look or who to ask.
fleabag

Re: Media events and industry seminars

Postby simonwallace » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:22 pm

Generally you'll be invited to media events through contacts at work. If you work for a media / marketing company then you are likely to have suppliers or clients who will be keen to invite you along. Your company may well be hosting one of these events. Make sure you use them and get to know lots of people in the industry.

As for industrial seminars, I guess you mean seminars in your sector. I would suggest looking up your relevant professional body, become a member and get involved in any seminars / discussions they have.

More information and advice on networking for a successful career
=======================================================
Simon Wallace
what will they ask?
simon@whatwilltheyask.co.uk

All you need to know to succeed at job interviews - whatwilltheyask.com
=======================================================
simonwallace
Site Admin

Postby Seb » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:52 pm

There are loads of these events on at the moment, even with the economy in recession...my brother seems to get invited to a media party almost every week and about four times a week over the Christmas period.

Don't know how he keeps up.
Seb

Postby fleabag » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:12 am

I've managed to blag my way in on one media event that my friend was going to. Did some pretty good networking and think I might have lined myself up for an iterview in the new year. Can't say it will be easy to get anything at the moment but here's hoping.

Thanks Simon, I've used some of your networking tips to get me along the process. I've recently signed up to Linkedin...PM me if you would like to become a contact.
fleabag

Return to Networking