Nat West interview questions

Discuss interview questions asked and the interview process at banking and finance job interviews.

Nat West interview questions

Postby Ham Sandwich » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:36 pm

I've got an interview at Nat West coming up, does anyone know the sort of questions I'm likely to be asked?

Its a back office job working on transactions. If you don't know who Nat West are then they are a major bank in the UK who are owned by the Royal Bank of Scotland.

I'm worried about the interview because there aren't that many new jobs coming up in this sector at the moment. Actually there are lots being lost in banking at the moment...which I think it a bit of an obvious statement.
Ham Sandwich

Re: Nat West interview questions

Postby Seb » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:22 pm

What level and sort of experience do you have?

This is likely to be a question but I'm also interested as it will give me a base to judge the sort of interview that I think you'll face...
Seb

Postby chilombe » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:30 am

how did the interview go? were you asked any questions you were not expecting? i recently attended an interview were i was asked to state with examples my strengths and weaknessess and what i have learnt from my strengths and weaknesses. i was further asked to state with examples my achievements. having worked under somebody all my life, i thought i had no achievements, if there are there i feel they arent worth talking about. i couldnot even come up with any strengths.

i really need help in how one should tackle such questions in an interview i.e what should one talk about? iam in the finance and audit field.
chilombe

Postby Seb » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:29 pm

Don't be so down on yourself Chilombe...I do not believe for one minute that you do not have any achievements that are worth talking about. Even if you have been working under someone there must have been times that you overcame problems at work or did a good job that you were proud of.

It is also worth remembering that most interviewers will be happy to hear about achievements that you made outside of the work environment. If you have managed to conquer a fear, climb a mountain, learn a language...etc. Think of anything in your life that you have done and you are proud of and tell them about it. Even though you might not think it will seem important to them, if you are enthusiatic about what you've done, then it will make them interested.

I suggest sitting down before you go to your next interview and list all your skills and weaknesses and what they mean to you. It is such a common question that you should have an answer for this.

I think this web site has a section about common questions at interview that you should look at...
Seb

Return to Banking and finance job interviews