Just lost my job

Discuss interview questions asked and the interview process at banking and finance job interviews.

Just lost my job

Postby Greeny » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:00 pm

I worked for Lehman Brothers and have just been let go. A few of my friends were kept on by Barclays but I wasn't lucky enough to keep my job.

I've been in the banking industry for about six years now but think I will try something new, if I can find anything. Sadly I don't know when all these problems are going to reach their bottom.

Anyone got any suggestions for a new career for someone who used to work as an analyst at a bank?
Good times...
Greeny

Re: Just lost my job

Postby simonwallace » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:02 pm

Sorry to hear about losing your job.

I am sure that there are many people who would be keen to look at your cv and consider you for a job even if you don't have that much experience in their sector. Your experience in banking will put you in the running for many different types of career, depending on what type of role you were doing at Lehmans.

It might be a good idea to go and see a careers advisor to work through your options and find the right kind of job that matches your skills, ambitions and experience.
=======================================================
Simon Wallace
what will they ask?
simon@whatwilltheyask.co.uk

All you need to know to succeed at job interviews - whatwilltheyask.com
=======================================================
simonwallace
Site Admin

Return to Banking and finance job interviews