Lush screws up interview process in Swindon

General chat about careers and interviews, what people are currently up to and plans for the future. Anything related to careers and interviews.

Lush screws up interview process in Swindon

Postby Greeny » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:25 pm

I found this article in my local paper about a young girl who had gone to an interview at Lush in Swindon (UK) and wasn't told that they were not taking on students for part time jobs but were interviewing for graduate positions. They invited her to a group interview after spending time creating a winning CV but wasn't given a chance at the interview as they were looking for candidates who could work full time and had left education.

What a waste of time for this poor girl. I think its a bit much that she says it was like someone was "stepping on our dreams" but still it must have been annoying as anything.

Employers really need to think twice before they waste people's time. Interviews are not only costly for the company they also require people to take time out of their day.

Lush "stepping on dreams" in Swindon
Good times...
Greeny

Re: Lush screws up interview process in Swindon

Postby Wingman » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:33 am

What a bunch of jerks...its hard enough going to your first interview and this will really put this person off going for more work.

To me this would put me off ever working for this company.
Wingman

Return to General careers and job interview chat