Where in the world to work?

General chat about careers and interviews, what people are currently up to and plans for the future. Anything related to careers and interviews.

Where in the world to work?

Postby LondonStu » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:44 pm

Are there any places in the world that people would suggest are good to go and work?

With a lot of the developed world in meltdown is there anywhere that is doing well / slightly better that offers the best employment prospects?

I love London and would hate to move away but sometimes necessity makes us do things we rather we didn't have to.
LondonStu

Re: Where in the world to work?

Postby Harris » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:01 pm

Lots of people going to Dubai at the moment as there seems to still be jobs over there. Also working almost tax free in a nice climate probably isn't too bad...
Harris

Postby Theo » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:05 pm

I think I'll always stick with the UK. Don't think I could work out of the country because it would be really hard to leave my family and friends. I know life might be materially better somewhere else and the weather could definitely be better but I don't think I could do it.

I would definitely miss a nice pint of ale and watching the football on Saturdays. Wouldn't trade that and seeing mum on Sunday for lunch for anything.

What a soppy old thing I am!
Theo

Postby alice » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:48 pm

I've heard there's lots going in the Gulf!!!

Not sure how good it would be for friday night cocktails and general silliness though.... and not sure they're got Topshop or H&M yet....... 8-)
alice

Return to General careers and job interview chat