Telemarketing job interview

Discuss interview questions asked and the interview process at marketing job interviews.

Telemarketing job interview

Postby Bex » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:40 pm

A friend of mine has got a interview and trial day for a short-term telemarketing job coming up. He's not that in to it but needs the money and something to tide him over before a contract starts in the new year. He's a bit worried that his lack of interest and experience in the area might show him up.

Has anyone been interviewed for or done any telemarketing before? Any hints or tips?
Bex

Re: Telemarketing job interview

Postby Wingman » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:33 pm

I went for a telemarketing interview once and it was conducted completely over the phone, which I guess kind of makes sense. They asked me questions about how I would get people's attention when I was cold calling them, how I would keep them interested and how I would close the deal.

They asked me about times when I had dealt with difficult or angry customers and what was the outcome.

I guess what they want to find out is how you come across to people over the telephone, whether you have experience selling stuff and if not whether you would be good at it anyway. Primarily will you be able to make them money by selling to people over the phone.
Wingman

Return to Marketing job interview questions