Just moved to the UK

Discuss where to hunt for jobs.

Just moved to the UK

Postby Hannah » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:42 pm

Where is the best place to look for job if I have just moved to the UK from Poland? Is there any places that are for Polish people like newspapers, web sites...
Hannah

Re: Just moved to the UK

Postby LondonStu » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:46 pm

Where abouts in the UK are you?

In London there are plenty of Polish newspapers and I would imagine internet sites - I don't have any specific examples sorry.

I would still Monster though as it is a very big web site which has jobs for almost every industry and a wide range of levels.
LondonStu

Postby Hannah » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:07 pm

Thanks I have now signed up with Monster.

I am also looking for opportunities in the local Polish newspapers in west London and in the English local newspapers. Hopefully I will soon have a job interview.
Hannah

Postby Hannah » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:56 pm

I have got my first interview through Monster coming up - it has been very useful but I still think the local paper has been best for someone who is looking for a job that does not need too many skills.
Hannah

Postby LondonStu » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:42 pm

I just read one of your other posts that said you got a job in the UK...well done, I hope it is all working out for you. I'm sure you'll have a great time in London, I think it is an amazing city and even though its going through a bit of a hard time at the moment things will get better and there are plenty of things still to enjoy for now.
LondonStu

Return to Job hunting tips